How much is Patrice Rushen worth? – Wondering how wealthy & rich is Patrice Rushen? Or maybe you’re just curious about Patrice Rushen’s age, body measurements, height, weight, hair color, eye color, bra & waist size, bio, wiki, wealth and salary?
|Rushen performing on March 2, 2010|
|Full name||Patrice Louise Rushen|
|Birthday/Birthplace||(1954-09-30) September 30, 1954
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Official Website||Official website|
Patrice Louise Rushen (September 30, 1954, Los Angeles, California) is an American R & B singer, composer and pianist who won a Grammy.
Patrice Rushen’s Biography
Rushen was born in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1954, the eldest of two daughters of his father and the former of Ruth Harris. She demonstrated her musical potential at an early age, being considered a child prodigy. In her teens, she won the prestigious Monterrey Jazz Festival in 1972. She earned her Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Southern California. As a mature woman, she became a jazz teacher and top music director.
She became the first woman to serve as the chief songwriter /musical director of the Grammy Awards and the Emmy Awards, the first woman to serve as musical director of the NAACP Image Awards, an honor she held for twelve consecutive years. Rushen has been the only woman to be the musical director and composer of the People’s Choice Awards, HBO’s Comic Relief and she has also been the only woman to be musical director /conductor /arranger of a talk show, The Midnight Hour that aired on the CBS.
In addition, Rushen was named musical director and composer of the first American Achievement Awards, broadcast on CBS from the Kennedy Center and also served as musical director of Janet Jackson’s World Tour, “Janet.”
In 2008, Rushen accepted a chair at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston. The course was called “Patrice Rushen: The Value of Music Education” (“Patrice Rushen: The Value of Music Education”).
She has also played on the keyboard and has collaborated on the touring bands of Lee Ritenour and Wayne Shorter for the past few years.
Race in Solitaire
Rushen has also achieved great success as a singer. As a classical pianist in training, Rushen has spent a lot of time channeling her skills to make good music. He won the Monterrey Jazz Festival in 1972, putting Patrice as the center of attention. The attention given to this earned him a contract with Prestige Records in 1973.
After recording three albums and becoming a session and high demand musician, including the artist Jean-Luc Ponty, Rushen signed with Elektra Records in 1978. Forging a jazz /R & amp; B /funk fusion, mix of cool styles that gave him great success with a series of singles on the Top Ten R & B hits, where you can name songs like “Have not You Heard,” “Forget Me Nots,” “Feels So Real,” “Watch Out, “” You Remind Me, “and” Never Gonna Give You Up “from their first five albums (” Patrice, “” Pizzazz, “” Posh, “” Straight From the Heart, “and” Now. “) Rushen played her single “I Need Your Love” on the hit Soul Train show in 1981. She also composed the opening song for The Steve Harvey Show. Your mentor and friend is Quincy Jones. Rushen also knows how to play various musical instruments such as flute, piano, percussion and clarinet.
Samples and Covers
- From their 1982 single “Forget Me Nots”, several samples (samples) have been extracted. The most notable has been inclusion as a musical element in Will Smith’s single “Men In Black”, and the theme of the 1997 movie of the same name. The song won a Grammy award, and was co-written by Freddie Washington and Terry McFaddin. Also in 1996, “Forget Me Nots” had a prominent place on the bridge of success of George Michael’s # 1 single, “Fastlove.”
- In 1998, the single “Strawberries” by rapper Smooth, from which were taken samplers from the single “Where There Is Love” from Rushen’s album “Straight From the Heart” from 1982.
- The uptempo “Have not You Heard”, was a prominent sampler of the singer Kirk Franklin, in his single “Looking For You” of 2005, which included lyrics written by Franklin. The song was also covered by the American duo of R & B, Zhané, in its single released in the 1990s, “Groove Thang”.
- The singer of R & B, Musiq Soulchild covered the single “Seattle For My Love” by Rushen, playing him in a duet with the Aaries brothers in 2000 on his debut album Aijuswanaseing.
- Rushen’s single “Remind Me” from his 1982 album “Straight from the Heart” was covered by 9th Wonder on the remix of “The Cross” for the album “God’s Stepson.”
- In 1995, from her debut album Faith, singer-songwriter Faith Evans used a “Remind Me” sampler in her single “Fallin ‘In Love”.
- In 1994 rapper Lil ‘½ Dead released his debut album “The Dead Has Arisen”. Song # 2, “12 Pacofdoja” contains a “Where There Is Love” sampler from Rushen’s 1982 album, “Straight From the Heart”, modifying the G-Funk style of the time.
- At the end of the third album “Nuttin ‘But Love” by the hip hop group, Heavy D & amp; The 1994 Boyz, a sampler of the song “You Remind Me” by Rushen is included in the song “Take Your Time”.
- In 1996 the rapper Shyheim, affiliated with the Wu-Tang Clan released his second album, The Lost Generation. Its simple “Shaolin Style”, contains a sampler of the song “Settle For My Love”
- In 1992, R. Kelly with the Public Announcement group used a “Remind Me” sampler for their song “Born into the 90’s” from the debut album with the same name as the song.
- Producer Clark Kent used “Remind Me” samplers for the song “Need You Tonight” which was performed by Junior M.A.F.I.A. with Aaliyah.
More Facts about Patrice Rushen
|Whole Name||Patrice Louise Rushen|
|AKA(s)||Patrice Rushen, Rushen, Patrice|
|Born/Where||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Born||September 30, 1954|
|What He/She Does||Musician, composer, record producer, music director, educator|
|His/Her Height||4′ 10″ (1.47 m)|
The Patrice Rushen’s statistics like age, body measurements, height, weight, bio, wiki, net worth posted above have been gathered from a lot of credible websites and online sources. But, there are a few factors that will affect the statistics, so, the above figures may not be 100% accurate.