How much is Andre Maurois worth? – Wondering how wealthy & rich is Andre Maurois? Or maybe you’re just curious about Andre Maurois’s age, body measurements, height, weight, hair color, eye color, bra & waist size, bio, wiki, wealth and salary?
André Maurois (Elbeuf, Normandy, July 26, 1885 – Neuilly-sur-Seine, October 9, 1967) was the pseudonym of Émile Herzog , Émile Salomon Wilhelm Herzog, French novelist and essayist.
Descendant of a rich family dedicated to the textile industry, Maurois did secondary studies in Rouen (Liceo Corneille) and superiors in Caen. He had as a professor the philosopher Alain who encouraged him to take the path of writing. Given the prospect of taking the direction of the family business, he opted for literature.
During World War I, he served as interpreter of the British General Staff, which made him familiar with Anglo-Saxon character and culture.
In 1938 I joined the French Academy. During World War II he fought for free France as captain of the French army, and took refuge in the United States by denying his obedience to the pro-Nazi government of Vichy. He was also with the allied forces in North Africa in 1943.
Upon his return to France, in 1946, being received with full honors, he continued to write and reached an advanced age, dying at age 82 on October 9, 1967.
André Maurois received in life the homage of the intellectual world – apart from the admiration of the public – and, among other distinctions, the one of academic, being also granted him the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honor.
Intelligent, dispassionately objective, writer of fame for his novels and his biographies, in which he stood out thanks to a deep documentation and amenity, André Maurois was a profound connoisseur of the human soul; reading it is a real pleasure.
- Lélia ou la vie by George Sand (1951)
- Ariel ou la vie de Shelley (1923)
- La vie de Disraeli (1927)
- A essai sur Dickens (1927)
- Don Juan ou la vie de Byron (1930)
- American Workshops (1933)
- Chateaubriand (1938)
- United States 39 (Diary of a trip through North America) 1939.
- Prometheus ou la vie de Balzac
- Turgenev (1947)
- Memories (1941)
- Christopher Columbus
Criticism and essay
- Aspects of biography (1929)
- Introductión à méthode de P.Valéry (1933)
- Magiciens et Logiciens (1935)
- An art de vivre (1939)
- Literary Studies (1946)
- Cent visages de l’amour (1947)
- À la recherche by Marcel Proust (1949)
- Cours de bonheur conjugal (1951)
- Olympio (1953). About Victor Hugo
- Portrait of the France et des français (1955)
- La France change de visage (1956)
- Les trois Dumas (1957)
- Lecture, mon doux plaisir (1958)
On the Anglo-Saxon culture
- Les silences du colonel Bramble (1918)
- Les discours du docteur O’Grady (1950)
- Études anglaises (1927)
- Histoire d’Angleterre (1937)
- Tragedy in France (1940)
- Literary Studies (1946)
- Feelings and customs (1951)
More Facts about Andre Maurois
The Andre Maurois’s statistics like age, body measurements, height, weight, bio, wiki, net worth posted above have been gathered from a lot of credible websites and online sources. But, there are a few factors that will affect the statistics, so, the above figures may not be 100% accurate.